Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up a 04 RL and it needed a jump. My cousin told me it just got the starter changed to a new 1. The battery was dead because it was sitting for a long time. The battery in the remote was also dead. I got it jumped drove it home and parked it. 2 days later i started it to make sure the battery was still good, it started and i let it run. I turned it off and drove my TL to pepboys to get a car battery for the TL and a battery for the RL remote. When i get back i put the battery in the remote, lock and unlock the doors with the remote to make sure it works and it was good. When I try to start the car some hours later the car wont start. No crank no start, the immobilizer is not on. the fuses are good the battery is good. Does anybody have any ideas? the night i got the car it was poring raining and 1 of the relay boxes doesnt have a cover. If it gets wet can it blow a relay?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to pick up a 04 RL and it needed a jump. My cousin told me it just got the starter changed to a new 1. The battery was dead because it was sitting for a long time. The battery in the remote was also dead. I got it jumped drove it home and parked it. 2 days later i started it to make sure the battery was still good, it started and i let it run. I turned it off and drove my TL to pepboys to get a car battery for the TL and a battery for the RL remote. When i get back i put the battery in the remote, lock and unlock the doors with the remote to make sure it works and it was good. When I try to start the car some hours later the car wont start. No crank no start, the immobilizer is not on. the fuses are good the battery is good. Does anybody have any ideas? the night i got the car it was poring raining and 1 of the relay boxes doesnt have a cover. If it gets wet can it blow a relay?
You've probably already figured this by now but if I were you, I'd check the fuses. If all your fuses are good, you might have a faulty terminal connection. I once installed a battery with a ton of corrosion and it damaged the terminal connection so I had to replace it. Part was like $5 and took me about 45 minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.