Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased this car about 4 days ago, owner said that the headlight on the driver side isnt working properly, noticed I had no headlights what so ever so I bought new bulbs installed them all lights started working just fine, except the driver side. driver side will work after I turn them on and off a few times..

Is this a possible ballast issue ? or Igniter ? or something I am over looking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok just a update since I got no advice on this, so throwing money at it now...

Bought a aftermarket ballast and igniter kit, installed them which was actually pretty easy, once installed turned on the switch both lights came on turned them on and off a few times no issue.. NOW comes the fun and annoying part..

Went down the following morning to go to work, hit the switch nothing, nada, zip neither lights worked, turned the switch on and off multiple times and FINALLY got the passenger side to work, so I just went with it but apparently somewhere between putting it in reverse and drive. the driver started working.. But still having issues since.. I can hear the relay engage when I turn the switch. but no lights.. but when they do decide to work, I hear a loud hiss its a noise that is hard to explain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thats what I was thinking but what is odd. Before I replaced the ballasts and igniters I was only having a issue with the driver side light the passenger side worked fine.. Now after the upgrade both head lights are giving me issues..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts