Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Acura drivers and enthusiasts,

I drive a 2005 Acura TL with Nav and recently my battery died and I started to notice some issues with my clock not being sync with my nav clock. I also noticed that my Nav now boots up with a Honda logo and I have no control over my center channel or sub along with the use of voice command for my nav.

Can someone please help me?

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Try resetting the system by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes then reconnecting it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks General,

I just tried it... still booting up in Honda mode. I even took out the radio fuse to attempt the reset.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
Thanks General,

I just tried it... still booting up in Honda mode. I even took out the radio fuse to attempt the reset.
Maybe the navi unit has the wrong DVD installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one that is old... a 3.30E. I know we are up to 3.90 now but I am frustrated because everything worked well before my battery died.

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
I have one that is old... a 3.30E. I know we are up to 3.90 now but I am frustrated because everything worked well before my battery died.
OK, try this...

1) Eject the DVD while the ignition is in the ACCESSORY or ON position.

2) Turn the car off and disconnect the battery for at least 10 mins.

3) Reconnect the battery and start the car.

4) Insert DVD.

5) It could take a few minutes for the system to update. You should see progress on the navi screen.

If that doesn't work, maybe you could try this:

How to reset or revert Acura and Honda navigation system | eHow.com

·
3 Posts
Since "Quebert TL" never came back, I'm assuming that the last suggestion worked.

I have exactly the same problem with my 2005 TL since changing the battery last week. I'll give it a try and promise to report back with the results.

·
3 Posts
No luck. My Nav is working perfectly and shows the correct time, but my clock (on the upper dashboard) never updates from the Nav unit. It resets to 1:00 as soon as I reconnect the battery no matter how long it's been disconnected and regardless of changes I make on the Navigation unit's time set screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also experienced this when I installed a new battery and I had to enter the 5 digit security code for the radio to resolve it.

·
3 Posts
My radio wouldn't work at all until I entered the security code. Entering the code did not cause the dashboard clock to synchronize with the navi unit.

As a sub-optimal work-around, I went out to my car in the parking lot at work and disconnected and reconnected my car battery at exactly 1:00 PM. That at least made the clock be correct for awhile. A day later and now my clock and navi times have already drifted apart by at least one minute. How in hell could everything else be working 100% perfectly and only this one [clock/navi synch] feature is broken? Sounds like a firmware bug to me.

This is truly a PITA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having trouble with clock. It is not correct and I cannot access the area in the system that enables one to change the time on the clock. The clock is about an hour and a half off. I may need to replace the computer in the overhead area. I had NAVI issues several years ago and bought a rebuilt unit from a dealer, can't remember the name, in Arizona and it has worked great. I have disconnected the battery and removed and reinstalled the disc etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts