Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
AcuraWorld is the first Acura internet discussion forum with these pics!

Much thanks to Acura Superman for sending me these pics!

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Attachments

·
jinny=guy, avatar=girl
17,055 Posts
looks a lot like the civic it's basedon... but the acura nose and butt treatment is nice... and it's nice to see navi in a Canadian car. :)

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Essentially a JDM Civic with the Acura hood and grille, which does look better than the JDM Civic nose, and I do quite like that butt better than on the NADM Civic sedan.

Besides those, the other differences I see from the Civic are the mirror turn signals, different wheels, there's a bit more silver and chrome stuff on the inside, it looks like the rocker panels are different, you can get navi (which is not offered in the Canadian Civic, unlike the U.S.)...oh, and there's the matter of the engine...15HP more, 11lb.ft. more torque, DOHC as opposed to SOHC. That I think is the biggest upgrade for the CSX and the biggest differentiation it has made from the Civic, compared to the previous EL models. The suspension is also supposed to be tuned more sportier than the basic Civics. So this will be the fastest and best handling stock "Civic" sedan in the world. ;) From the info Acura Superman posted in another thread, they are almost marketing it as a 4 door RSX.

We've got navi in Canada on the TSX, TL, MDX and RL...just like in the U.S. It took us a while, but we got it. ;)

And it also recognizes Quebecois voice instructions...not French, Quebecois!

·
ILLa KiLLa from MaNiLa
753 Posts
Not bad, but that interior...I dunno. It may grow on me but for now it looks too sterile. Almost makes me wish they'd thrown some wood in there, LOL. Wait no I hate faux wood.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Actually, if you've seen the pics of the Euro Civic hatch interior, while it keeps the bi-level instrumentation, it's slightly different in look to the Civic sedan and coupe, and actually looks a little more sporty and aggressive. It has more chrome trimming around it and the vents are rounded like on the RSX. In fact, the whole look of the dash reminded me of the RSX dash. They really should have used this design in the CSX to differentiate it even more from the Civic and give the CSX the sportier look.

Although I sat in one of the new Civics and that dash doesn't look so bad in person as it does in photos. It is absolutely huge because it is so deep because of the rake of the windshield.

With the blue illumination and the blue ambient light the interior should look pretty impressive at night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honda knows what sells!

i like the new CSX. seems to be a cool sportier car, with all the luxury instruments. i wonder if its a 6 shift manual like the new civic si. one thing worth noticing in newer honda models is that digital instruments are conquering the world of analogs..imagine of the day, when every single control will be digital.......cant wait..lol...

·
418 Posts
me likey, but it still looks alot like the current generation civic. plus, they should've added some chrome treatment like the exisitng models to give it a more luxurious feel

they did a good job with the wheel gap tho

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know if I can get used to a digital speedometer. I like the analog speedometer becasue it gives you a better idea on your rate of acceleration or deceleration. I guess if I drove it for a while, I'd get used to it.

And no, it's just a 5 speed manual, like on the base RSX, but the optional automatic is a 5 speed with paddle shifters.

The full specs are in THIS THREAD.

Really, they should have used the dashboard design from the Euro Civic hatch...rounded vents, chrome trim around the edges of the dash, so it doesn't look so much like in the Civic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good job

Hi, I am new here, I have been looking picture of csx for a long time. So I really thank the posting.

I don't really like the car, is a japan civic with a diff hood. If the rumar is real and premium will sold for $33k, i think TSX is a better deal.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts