Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions for the experts: I know the timing belt, water pump and pulleys will be replaced during this maintenance cycle. The question is are there any other things that should be done during this maintenance cycle? I would like to do anything that would increase the life of my favorite car! It is in excellent condition and I would like to keep it as long as it remains dependable!!:smile2: Thank you all so much and I am glad to be part of this forum!! Andy A

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
The answer you'll get here will be different no matter who you ask :)

People have been coming to me for over 20 years for Acura parts based on the premise that I'll get them everything they need to do the job correctly, while saving the most money. It's a balancing act in this case (because you could spend twice your budget doing things "while you're in there"), but I'll give you my best answer based on that premise :)

For a timing belt at the 105K, I'll recommend:

Timing belt
Water pump
Hydraulic tensioner
Camshaft seals
Crankshaft seal
Accessory drive belt(s)

Again, you *could* do the idler and tensioner pulleys if you wish, but I've never seen them needing replacement until the 200K mark. Same for the thermostat, hoses, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Changing the spark plugs with the OEM NGK iridium was another replacement item I thought would be suggested. Thank you for the suggestions! I certainly appreciate it! Happy cruising!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Changing spark plugs is also a part of the 105K, as well as a valve adjustment. Valve adjustments are something that almost nobody actually does as a part of the service, but it'll make a big difference in performance and economy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts