Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 RL. The headlights have always shone white - it's something I really liked about the car when I bought it. Recently the passenger side headlight when out and was replaced at the dealership. It shines yellow and does not match the driver's side. Sure, I could replace the driver's side, but I don't want yellow headlights. My son says the kelvin rating is too low. This has caused a one month (I am not kidding) research process by the dealership. No one seems to know the original kelvin rating and says they just use what is sent. They even went to O'Reilly's Auto Parts and got bulbs. They all shine yellow. Can anyone tell me how to stay with white lights and where to find them?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer says they pulled the old bulb out to try to find a match, but could not find one. Even the Acura parts house could not find any references to kelvin ratings and what floors me is that no one seems to know what the original specs were.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll add continuing information in hopes this may help someone else down the line. I was told the control unit and igniters of that year were going bad so they replaced those, also. I called a dealership in Dallas to try to get additional help. A service rep there said what powers the bulb may be the problem. I'm going to ask them to switch the passenger with the driver bulb on Monday to see if that's the cause.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll add continuing information in hopes this may help someone else down the line. I was told the control unit and igniters of that year were going bad so they replaced those, also. I called a dealership in Dallas to try to get additional help. A service rep there said what powers the bulb may be the problem. I'm going to ask them to switch the passenger with the driver bulb on Monday to see if that's the cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts