Acura World banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,
Need some advice. I own above car, excellent condition and thought it could go another 100k. Current milage is 125k. It sputtered and stopped working this week. Took it to the dealer and they said its a blown head gasket. $4000 for a used replacement engine. Mt question (I am fairly mechanical, have the tools) is for this particular engine what issues should I watch for besides the gasket? The engine turns over and I don't heard any nasty noises. Records show the timing belt was done at 90k and I have other records the car was well maintained. Is this engine head gasket able to be serviced with a gasket kit? I'd rather try to repair it and if that doesn't work I'll buy a used engine. I have removed a head from a 4 cylinder engine and also replaced a few clutches n the past. I am not afraid to get dirty to make the repair. and have repair area. I have watched a few videos on the issues. My question is on the removal of the cam and the timing. What is a good book or video to view for assistance. I appreciate all responses for help. Thanks again, Ray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.