Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
06 TL, 258k
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a high mileage 2006 Acura TL. 256k to be exact.
I was hoping someone would have some direction on buying such a high mileage TL. I look forward to discussing anything and everything with forum members and helping where I can. I've been looking at TLs for the last 2 weeks to buy and this even though it has a ton of mileage has the best looking and well maintained interior which I think is a great depiction. Thoughts? Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I dont know my man, to be honest I would tell you this the only thing you have to use is kelly blue book. Kelly will be able to give you the most reasonable price based on mileage as well, so I think you should input that data. In addition, you have the opportunity to take the vehicle to a CarMax; if one is locally available to you or the location of the vehicle. They will tell you a ridiculous price, but that is based on private purchases, you will be looking to add roughly 4-6k in dealer costs.

You should honestly head towards your local acura dealership to test drive some of the TL's to get a feel for the thing when it is well maintained.

Based on that knowledge I do not prefer a higher mileage TL-s over a TL base because everything would be more costly to fix, in addition the base model does have longevity if well maintained.

·
06 TL, 258k
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot man. I actually lost the bid on ebay but got a 2nd chance to buy and did. Before i even bid though, the day of I found the dealership it was maintained at and this car has have been meticulously maintained. I was emailed every single service(6 years worth) on the vehicle(2TB/WP and tran services). I appreciate the reply and hopefully its gonna last me another 256k.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Usually you're good with high mileage cars. If anything were to break, it would have broken already, for the most part :)

·
1,181 Posts
w, how do you like your TL now that you've had a few weeks with it? Just wondering. Take care and enjoy the ride.

·
06 TL, 258k
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great so far. Had to do a DS rear rotor,caliper, and pads the second day I had it. I also need tires And there's a honing sound which I think is a rear bearing. The car is great though and I love the drive it has.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dope man, enjoy, and as always you should complete a service yourself on the major components of the vehicle.

The trans oil may have been changed, but was it the updated fluid that Honda/Acura just released, which helps preserve the life of your transmission; just something critical you might want to look into and also modify[highly recommended]

Plugs and the rest are important more for gas saving, and things along those lines, but it is good to change those as well.

Fresh new tune up will keep your baby running like new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dope man, enjoy, and as always you should complete a service yourself on the major components of the vehicle.

The trans oil may have been changed, but was it the updated fluid that Honda/Acura just released, which helps preserve the life of your transmission; just something critical you might want to look into and also modify[highly recommended]

Plugs and the rest are important more for gas saving, and things along those lines, but it is good to change those as well.

Fresh new tune up will keep your baby running like new.
What is "the updated fluid Honda/Acura just released"?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
That's the synthetic DW-1. Oddly enough, the only characteristic that Acura has mentioned about it is cold weather flow characteristics. Still, that's a good thing too :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Acuras drive and drive if they are well-maintained. I bought a 1990 Legend at 219,000mi and it ran like a dream. So, I would not be concerned with mileage but more so the maintenance. That being said, I am selling a well-maintained 2004 6sp manual. Check it out on Columbus Ohio Craigslist.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts