Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 different OBDCII code readers. I only get "Error" when I try to read the DTC codes. Ignition ON, engine OFF.
Is there a trick or a special code reader you need for the Acura's?
I am trying to diagnose my "Tighten Fuel Cap" message that I keep getting. I replaced the Evap Purge Valve and gas cap, but that didn't fix it.
I've had this car for about 4 months.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like an incompatibility with your readers. Is it possible ypur 2007 is a CAN bus, which maybe is presenting an incompatibility to your readers.

·
White Diamond Pearl '02 Acura TL Type S w/Navi
76 Posts
Just found this YouTube video about fixing a non-working OBD-II scanner. You should watch it all the way through as they also offer you the ability to visit their website and ask questions regarding your problem -- for free! The video's link is youtube.com/watch?v=6Tlg3JmgNSQ

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just found this YouTube video about fixing a non-working OBD-II scanner. You should watch it all the way through as they also offer you the ability to visit their website and ask questions regarding your problem -- for free! The video's link is youtube.com/watch?v=6Tlg3JmgNSQ
Since he used multiple scanners, and all indicate error, one can assume not all are bad and the interface is incompatible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts