Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Drivers seat stopped moving forward and reverse. Moves in every other direction. I think I have ruled out a switch problem by removing the passenger seat switch to try with drivers seat, moves in exactly the same manner.
I can't see anything in the seat track.
Would this be a module or motor issue?
Any idea on replacement parts?

Also tried tapping motors and disconnecting battery to try reset issue with no help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Tapping the motors usually doesn't work in seat issues, but sometimes removing the motor physically, and trying to spin it by hand and then applying power to it may unstick it if there's something either spilled in the motor, or something preventing contact on the armature.

If it were a vehicle in my garage, I'd pull the seat, test power going to the fore/aft motor, and if power is there, remove the motor and try spinning it by hand and then reapplying power to see if that did the trick. The fore/aft motor on your model MDX will be mounted on one of the seat rails towards the front of the seat.

Unfortunately, it's only sold as a complete seat base assembly which gets a bit pricey if replacement is needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts