Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

New to the forums, but thought I would see if I could get some quick opinions from people who know Acuras much better than myself.

I found an '07 MDX that has 185K miles on it that is going up for auction, but I don't know if the timing belt has been done, which I've read is a common problem that should be taken care of around 105K miles.

Do you think this is something I should consider? Depending on how it runs, what could I expect with this car if everything seems to be in working order? Also, what would you value the vehicle at, provided it has been cared for and doesn't need anything major right now? Repairs to expect in the future, and at what cost?

Thanks for your advice and/or opinions in advance

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Sport models are tough, mainly because of the sport suspension. If you need to replace any of the shocks/struts, you're looking at around $500 per corner in parts.

Timing belt's another thing. Not a deal breaker, but again, it's about a $900 job.

If you like, send me the VIN to [email protected] and I'll be glad to run an Acura history on it :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.