Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been fighting an electrical gremlin in my 07 TL for a while now. I disconnected the HFL a while back and that seemed to fix it. Then a few weeks ago it stranded my wife again. Just wouldn't start. Lights on the dash, but no start. We jumped it. Then it would die on here while she was in a drive thru. We switched keys and that issue seemed to go away. Now however, we went out to leave on saturday and it was dead as a door nail again. I took the battery in and had Napa test it. The battery was "bad". so they switched it out for me. It's been 3 days and we're good so far.

I know the alternator is OK, but this is getting old.

It has 93000 miles and we're really considering trading it in if we can't get this fixed.

Please give me something to work with.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The only other thing that comes to mind is the electrical portion of the ignition switch. If you've got a heavy key ring, wear from the weight can cause an intermittent contact in the ignition switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. I did a Parasitic draw test over the weekend because it was dead again yesterday. The Draw when the car is off is 32 ma. From what i can tell, acceptable load is between 3 and 13 ma.

WIth that in mind i started pulling fuses. from the lowest to highest capacity. no change. I tried unhooking the alternator, no change. The battery was dead so we put a a charge on it. an hour later, we came back to try some more testing and the load was gone. pretty much 0 ma. WTH?

Any more ideas?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The load is caused by the HFL unit. It is active for about 15 minutes after the car is shut off to allow the completion of a call.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the load can't be caused by the HFL. i disconnected it months ago.

However after doing that draw test and pulling the fuses there are new developments. The Battery was 12.3 Sunday night when i went inside. Yesterday when i checked it it's at 12.8 and the Load is at 0 ma. However, now the center console doesn't work. The radio and Nav are OK, but the buttons for the heater, A/C, memory seats, and butt warmers are not working at all. They don't do anything. I checked fuses. I didn't find any blown fuses.

Now what?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is to pull the fuse box and check behind it for corrosion traces. While not common, it's something we used to see on older Acuras....the moonroof drain tubes would get clogged, and the water would run down the A pillar and end up trailing behind the fuse box.....and leaving water on the interior floor on some occasions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.