Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, brand new to the forum. I searched the topic but couldn't find anything about removal. Trying to move them from one 2008 to another 2008. Is it possible within reason? Any suggestions as to how?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went to the dealer and found an answer. At the back of the lengthwise rails there is a small screw. Remove that screw. (careful it is small and easily dropped/lost). It is there to stop the cross rails from sliding back. After that, removed the screws holding on the top of the cross rails. The cross rail then slides all the way back. When at the very back a metal insert the screws were holding in place will fall out. Repeat for the front rack. If putting back on (in my case, another MDX, the metal insert has a lip which holds it in the slot. It faces towards the outside of the car and down. Slide it in. Move it to where you want the rail to sit. Place the rail on top. Put the screws back in and tighten. Finally, I put the small screws back in. Had to get a small ladder to get up and over in order to see the insert hole.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts