Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the freeway and all of a sudden my 2008 RL filled with smoke in the cabin and blue smoke shooting from the exhaust. I was able to pull over and turn the car off. I checked under it and there was a very small puddle of oil. I checked under the hood and checked the oil from there and it was full. I check the radiator and it was a little lower than usual. All I could smell was oil burning. Now the car will not start back up. I am taking it to a repair shop but wanted some idea of whats wrong before I went in. I have never had any real issues with the engine. Just had an oil change about a month ago. The car has performed great so this was a total surprise.

Anyone have any idea what happened?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Wow. Too many variables to draw a conclusion, but let us know what happens. I've never heard of anything like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should say that. The repair shops says the engine threw a rod and there was a hole in the side of it the size of a baseball. So a new engine was ordered. My repair guy says he has never ever seen this happen with an RL especially this late model. I have a 2002 RL 3.5 with over 300,000 miles and it runs perfect. He says this is one in a million. I opt to get the work done since the car is paid for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts