Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD on August 1, 2014. The car is simply awesome. Ive got a couple of concerns and hope some of you could help me out.

1. The sunroof isn't closing automatically when I open it all the way.
2. Does any one have a service manual?
3. What are the major concerns to have?

I had a 2004 Acura TL before this one and boy did I love that car. But some idiot rear ended me when i was going home and totaled it. :rant:

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I'm attaching a bulletin that may apply here, but first try resetting the moonroof control unit:

To reset the moonroof control unit, do these steps:

Close the driver's door, and leave it closed until the procedure is complete.

Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), or press the engine start/stop button to select the OFF mode.

Press and hold the tilt switch, and turn the ignition switch to ON (II), or press the engine start/stop button to select the ON mode.

Release the tilt switch, and turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), or press the engine start/stop button to select the OFF mode.

Repeat steps 3 and 4 four times.

Check if the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE functions still work. If they still work, the AUTO functions have not been cleared, go back to step 1. If the AUTO functions have been cleared, go to step 7.

Press and hold the moonroof open switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.

Press and hold the moonroof close switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonroof is fully closed (tilted).

Confirm that the moonroof control unit is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts