Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thank you to all who take the time here to help us all out. It is greatly appreciated.

I have a 2009 RDX with 7500 miles. I have a few problems strangely with the glass in the car.

First issue, BOTH front windows rattle badly when in any position other than full up or full down. I mentioned to dealer at first service and said "they are all like this, its a design flaw". Seems like a really obvious issue that I rarely find documented anywhere on the web. The windows (both front) chatter, rattle, and squeak when in any partial down position. ?? Is this true about being common and unfixable, second, if not, how should I re-approach this with my dealer.

Second glass issue. It seems that at certain temps (below 50 degrees F), my windshield also chirps and rattles seemingly right at the bottom directly in front of the steering wheel/instrument cluster. I could be far down in the dash (where hits glass). I tried silicone lube, and no avail. Its so reproducible (and lasts half the year). Again, dealer "could not magically reproduce" or offer any advice.

So, again, any wisdom or guidance would be truly and greatly appreciated.

PS, with the tech package, I can out music the noise when alone. Sadly, when I have my 7 month asleep in the back (hence no loud music), I instead get a symphony of rattles, squeaks, and glass chatter.

Truly, thank you for any advice.

Medman

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I guess the first thing that comes to mind here is the weather. Not knowing where you live, is it at all conceivable that any of the noises you're hearing are because of ice buildup on something? Just a thought.

I can't really offer a lot on the other issues, except the one thing that I always mention when discussing problems that are said to be "normal". Since you're at the dealership, take another one for a test drive. If the vehicle isn't exhibiting the same things, have the advisor drive the vehicle and ask them to explain that if it's normal, why that vehicle isn't doing it, and yours is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts