Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently purchased a CPO 2009 RL, after my 1998 RL got rear ended.
The car is great, but I feel like everything that is happenning on the road I can feel inside the cabin in the gas peddle and slightly in the steering wheel.

My 1998 was great, never felt much on the inside or heard much.

The 2009 has a tigher suspension and is more sports-like compared to the old 'touring' type.

Does anyone else experience this.
I am taking it to the dealer to get a once over, just in case next week.

Any suggestion from anyone who may know what may cause this.

Thanks

·
Kickin Names & Taking Azz
208 Posts
09...........sounds like a factory warranty job to me...........check your tires tho.......could have a flat spot from sitting if you just bought it....

·
46 Posts
I found the same issue when I went from our 98 RL to a 09 RL CPO purchased in February of 2010. The ride is just too stiff for my taste and is actually much stiffer than my 2004 "sport" 6MT TL. I understand that the suspension was strengthened in 2009 (read “more stiff). Also the wheels went from 17 to 18 inches which caused the ride to be stiffer.

I had the car looked at by my dealer to insure that the suspension was all original. The service rep also said that the 09’s were “tighter” and had more of a sport suspension.

I think that the only option would be to install softer struts, and since aftermarket struts are usually designed to provide more performance it will be difficult to find an aftermarket strut that will provide the great ride of your 98 RL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies.
I did read and I know the changes for 2009 are sportier/stiffer, and I also thought the wheels would make a big difference as I went from 16" to 18" wheels.

In either case, I went and took it to the dealership last week, the service area mechanic could not find anything wrong with the vibrations. He did say that he though he heard a 'zinging/spinning' sounds as he was driving and the transmission was shifting gears.

He was suggesting and offering replacing the torque convertor. I am a little worried as this car is 2009 with 25k miles and not sure if this is needed. I assume its a big job, and prefer not to open up a car for this type of work if its not needed and it may lead to more problems downstream if something is not put right back.

Any toughts.? Any symptoms to see if the mechanic is right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts