Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD. Is this a good idea or bad?

Car is in mint condition, black exterior, b/w interior, AWD, tech package, navigation, 26,000 miles.

I negotiated down to 27K.

Any issues with these cars? This is a bit under bluebook, sound like a good price.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Kris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did it. I bought a 2010 TL SH AWD. Black with black/parchment interior, tech package, the works.

WOW.

This car is realy nice, good combo of luxury and sport. Good power, very nice ride. So far good on gas, 19ish around town.

Lots of buttons to mess with, and learning how to use the nav/phone/XM radio, etc. has been challenging but I'm figuring it out.

It gets washed and waxed this weekend, then i'll tint the windows.

I hope to share more experiences over time.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so far so good.

+
good performance
really good handling
seems to be very well built, a tight / quiet ride
tons of gadgets
decent MPG (around town i get 20 or so--but not city driving), 26 or so on the HWY
very good sound system
oil was easy to change--needed no special order stuff
cabin filter super easy to change--no special order stuff
phone pairs automatically
built HDD eliminates useless 6 CD in other cars

-
tons of gadgets--finding gas mileage or other is a real pain
not real cushy seats but OK
cant put MP3 on HDD (i just keep a USB drive plugged in--works fine)
gas pedal is too high and stretches my calf muscle too much--i'll try to adjusting seat position--maybe it will get better--or maybe i just need to floor it more often :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just purchased a 2010 TL SH-AWD Tech package as well. 34k miles, paid 26,230. Feel like I got a hell of a deal. Private Party value was listed as 28.. Dealer told me they were taking a loss on it, but I'm not sure how much of what they say to believe.

·
9 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2010 TL AWD w/ tech. We have an Acura MDX and I have owned several Honda's.

I can't imagine you can get any more car for the money in this car class. Wow - it is quick and tight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2010 TL SH-AWD with Tech. Black exterior, umber interior. CPO. 48k miles, paid $24,850 including all weather interior and trunk mats, tint, and a tank of gas.

Literally thousands of possibilities in this price range if you're willing to consider new and used. Narrowed it down between this, a new Mazda 6 iTouring, or a new Ford Fusion with the 202A (luxury) package. In the end just wasn't fixated on a new car and felt like the TL was a lot more vehicle for the money.

Coming from a 1999 Toyota Avalon w 220k miles its a big step up. Will not run out of gadgets to play with anytime soon. XM radio free for 90 days doesn't hurt either ha ha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked mine up today. 2010 SH-AWD 54,000 miles no nav, for 17,500 certified comes with a 100k drive train warranty. I am really loving this car. dark cherry looking color with a brown like interior. Really nice mix of colors, great car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced my 05 MDX with the 2010 TL SH-AWD Tech. Black Ext and Black Int. 15000 miles on this one for $18,500. Great condition. Lucked out. So happy. It has come so far since my 2000 3.2TL.

Great drive so far. Wondering if it is worth rust proofing at this point. We get a lot of snow and exposure to road salt.....the MDX just started to get hood rust the last couple of years.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just replaced my 05 MDX with the 2010 TL SH-AWD Tech. Black Ext and Black Int. 15000 miles on this one for $18,500. Great condition. Lucked out. So happy. It has come so far since my 2000 3.2TL.

Great drive so far. Wondering if it is worth rust proofing at this point. We get a lot of snow and exposure to road salt.....the MDX just started to get hood rust the last couple of years.

Thoughts?
Its good idea to rust proof it, especially when you're on the rust belt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought 2012 TL SH-AWD with Adv package about 2 weeks ago for $20,170 including tax and fees after trading in my 2004 Honda Accord with 200K miles for $1600. Love the car. it came with 72,200 miles on it. Nice ride, quick acceleration and fast high speed on the freeway. I get about 1 to 2 months of snow where I live, so maybe I will think about rust proofing it-how does one do that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.