Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Acura MDX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The power window stopped working when the driver side button is pressed. It does work if the passenger side button is pressed. Any ideas to fix - fuse maybe or regulator shot?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn ignition to acc....use passenger switch to roll window all the way down, hold switch down for an additional couple of seconds...now roll up and hold switch again for a couple of seconds, then turn ignition off. Now start and try master (driver) switch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The power window stopped working when the driver side button is pressed. It does work if the passenger side button is pressed. Any ideas to fix - fuse maybe or regulator shot?
The good news is because it works from the passenger side it means the motor and regulator are OK. You are just failing to get power or ground to the motor when operating the driver side window switch.

I had a similar problem on 2 other cars. On one car the ground from the driver side = door to the body was failing to get a good ground.
I could manually hook up a wire from the door to the car body ground and the switch would then work. On another car the power or ground wire in the connector going into to the switch didn't have a good connection to the connector causing the switch to not work. I soldered the wire into the connector and it worked again. Then I used some wire wraps to help keep the wires going into the switch from moving as the car vibrated when driving to avoid the wire coming loose again later. You can also probably disconnect the connector from the switch and use an ohm meter to verify is the switch actually working by checking does the ohm meter change when you operate the switch. Good luck with making your repair.

·
Registered
2010 Acura MDX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turn ignition to acc....use passenger switch to roll window all the way down, hold switch down for an additional couple of seconds...now roll up and hold switch again for a couple of seconds, then turn ignition off. Now start and try master (driver) switch.
Thank you AKH....that worked like a charm....not sure what it did exactly but it's fixed...thanks so much!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts