Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Acura MDX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, the back up camera has been on the fritz and now just doesn't work. For awhile, when I put into reverse, the camera was slow to come on and more recently, displayed like like an old TV Set with no picture if you know what I mean. Anyways, any ideas on how to fix this easily or should I take it to a pro?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The camera is fairly easily damaged. Its location in the tailgate exposes it to ice and water. Start there, look for corrosion on connectors or cracked wires where the cables hinge into the body. Lots of youtube help available

·
Registered
2010 Acura MDX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A follow up to my own post, took it to local mechanic and they couldn't figure it out so I brought it to Prime Acura for diagnosis. The electrical issue seen (all dash lights on, no AC, no spedometer or tachometer, ended up being a bad XM module which is located toward the back of the vehicle. Fix was to disconnect the XM module, so I lose those features but never used them anyways. As far as my backup camera, it was bad too and the dealer wanted $1,400 for a new backup camera, not a misprint, can you believe that? No way. Lived for about 40 years without a backup camera and refuse to pay that much, dealer blamed it on expensive Acura parts. 2010 MDX also needed struts but those parts too were astronomical so I passed on that too. Did get the timing belt and water pump replaced at 96k miles so hope to get more years out of this MDX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts