Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short I got my dream car... 2010 rdx sh-awd and its already a pain in my ass Haha can someone please give me some knowledge in regards to "check disc" on my nav screen & the waste gate on my turbo ? Surely there is someone here that can assist me before I lose my mind lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 08 RDX tech with +180,000 miles.

Check Disk
Sounds like you have an issue with the navi DVD reader and/or an issue with the actual disk inside the reader. You can access the navi cd/dvd-ROM player from the left hand side of the center console wall in the front passenger area. Look for a rectangular door you can pop out with a screw driver to access the navi reader. The Navi system can't work without the DVD disk. I would eject and check to make sure a disk is there and not damaged (11 years of extreme temps is a long time for a DVD sitting in car 24/7/365).

You order a brand new 2021 disk from Acura from here: Acura | Navigation System GPS Map Update Home

You can also upgrade to an older version used disk on ebay as long as the replacement disk is a newer version of the old disk you currently have. The version number should be printed on the DVD once you pop it out. Make sure it is for your make/model if you go for the used ebay update disks (usually a white DVD for my 08 RDX).

Most likely the DVD reader might have failed and needs to be replaced. Acura tech can do an diagnostic to see what the exact problem is and give you an estimate for the fix (minus the $80-$100 diagnostic fee). Lots of used DVD readers on ebay for under $100 if that is the issue.

Wastegate
It is part of turbo that controls the pressure of the exhaust gasses that to hit the turbo for the right amount of boost. A bad wastegate might not open/close smoothly or fail/get stuck in one position. The RDX is probably getting a reading of poorly functioning wastegate and turned down the power so you won't damage the engine. I don't know if this part can be fixed or replace separately from the Turbo or you have to replace the entire turbo? Acura will charge A LOT to fix compared to a local shop that deal with imports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts