Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new, used, 2011 RDX... Not from an Acura dealer but it was a good deal and is very nice and familiar, as I am a Honda guy. One thing that does not seem to work are the heated seats. Having purchased the vehicle about 7 days ago, I brought it back to the place I purchased it and asked them to fix/look in to it. They obliged and said, it's still under warranty so they took it directly to Acura to fix. About 2 days later, they call and state that the heated seats do work, however they only turn on when the outside temperature drops below 80 degrees. Sounded somewhat reasonable, but also kind of sketchy... So, I've searched through the owners manual, I've search threads and posts but I do not see anywhere that states that the heated seats only work at a certain outside temperature. Of course it is summer, and I live in south Texas so I'm months away from cooler temperatures, but I have to know now if they in fact work. Can any one give me some advice or insight on the issue or assurance? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
The seat heater thermostat won't allow the heaters to kick on if the temperature of the seats is between 97-111° F. If the temp goes between 115-130° F, it'll trip the breaker on the seat heaters. Otherwise, they will come on. Bring it back and tell them to fix it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts