Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 TSX SE in 6SP. I love the car and this is not my first Manual. I’m at 1200 miles (yes, that’s correct 1200 not 12,000) and starting to feel my clutch not engauge correctly in first. It’s spongy and feels like there is no good solid grip to get the balance point. Shifting into other gears after I’m going is just fine but I’m starting to think that my clutch is wearing prematurely. My last car was a VW and the clutch felt like brand new at 80,000 miles. I’m starting to get concerned as the car is only 3 weeks old and I’m not quite sure how to approach the dealership. HELP!

Also, does anyone notice that when shifting up the RPM’s hang for a second before dropping? I’ve never noticed this before and concerned about this also.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Don't panic, just get it into the dealer and see what they tell you, first. The TSX is about as rock solid as they come, so it could be something as simple as a procedure missed on prep.

·
VDV
40 Posts
TSX should have fast and direct response while shifting , however, there were problems on some specimens that had tranny semi-ring leaks , it shouldn't affect the shifting , when mine was brand new, until it got worked out shifting was kind of hard to do with the shifting knob

·
Registered
3 Posts
FuddLove -Im not sure about the clutch engaging properly, but my 2011's RPM does hang there for a sec also.
I suppose its normal since it works fine.
Also, if you shift a little quicker, the RPM doesn't hang.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been back and forth with the dealer. Basically my motor was 2.5 quarts low from delivery they are doing an oil consumption test. WTF!!!! Is my motor ruined? Do I need to get a lawyer before it dies?

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
I had a customer out in Virgina or something with premature clutch wear issues when the current generation came out. The only solution that I had (and it was experimental) was I sent him out a race clutch and flywheel for an RSX-S. Not really sure what came of it. I do suspect that the clutch system probably has some sort of damper (unconfirmed) that allows for smoother clutch engagement by feathering how the clutch is mechanically engaged (similar to what's found on AP2 S2000 and many MT BMW's; also known for premature clutch wear in cars that are driven a bit harder or always in hilly areas).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.