Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a garaged 2013 TL Adavanced with about 4000 miles. It's a black car and I noticed gray near the rear edge of the headlight on the passenger side. The paint had a small chip like the headlight assembly rubbed the paint off. Checked the driver side....same thing. Went to the dealer and they said they've never seen it before. I found smaller versions on new cars on the lot still wrapped from shipping.

Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a white TL with 3500 miles and I haven't noticed the same thing. Although I have noticed that the spacing between the headlight assembly and the fender is different between the driver and passenger sides - by about 1/4" or a bit more. But no paint defects. Although I could see long term the drivers side paint getting rubbed off where the headlight assembly is right up against the metal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. The gap is very tight and there is no gasket where it mates up. Mine has 1/4 inch paint chip on both sides. Barely noticeable but def there. Been to two dealers that say it is a paint defect and tell me to go back to where I bought it. A premium car co should honor a defect at any dealership I choose under warrantee. I have a complaint in directly to Acura. I went to Princeton Acura in NJ and they were not helpful and said they never saw this before. We walked the mgr out to the lot and found tiny versions of the same chips on new cars still in auto wrap. I may have a bad specimen from a bad run, but watch this area on your cars!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also light cars like white silver etc we're not as noticeable black and dark colds show the lighter primer more at a chip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts