Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ctmarshall
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to forum. Posted this yesterday in wrong spot.
I bought the new 2014 RDX AWD tech package in June. 10,000 smooth miles. Then a vibration appeared at 1500 rpm, in all gears - especially noticable because those rpms and gears coincide at 35 and 55 mph. Vibration also noticable when stopped at a stop light with the foot brake on.
Took it to Boise Acura dealer. They installed a new drive line to the rear. Said it was fixed. Not. Vibration is still quite noticable, and now there's a low rumble that increases with speed which sounds like the car has snow tires on (it doesn't). And the fuel mileage is now off 3-4 mpg.
The dealer has since said that he's dealing with another RDX with the same problem. He has contacted Acura about a fix, but nothing so far.
Now that I've read other posts on this RDX forum I'm getting a sinking feeling like maybe I should have gone with Lexus......
I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas from other owners. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Acura just released a service bulletin (14-001) yesterday January 15, 2014 for the vibration at highway speeds during RDX VCM operation. "In cold ambient conditions (below freezing) a vibration is felt. The corrective action is to replace the propeller shaft. P/N 40100-TX4-A02, 90113-S10-000, and 90382-SH9-003."

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 vibration issue

I am considering buying a RDX but am holding off because of this issue. I see they issued a service bulletin to fix the problem.

How can one find out when new cars will be delivered with the problem resolved.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
A bulletin is not something that affects every vehicle, it is simply a known resolution to cure a condition, should the condition arise. Unless the issue arises upon dealer inspection, vehicles are not all arbitrarily repaired while on the lot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 RDX rumble

After about 15,000 miles our 2014 RDX has developed a rumble (apparently originating underneath the vehicle and definitely not tire noise) that is heard when driving in the 20-40 mph range. It is especially noticeable from a cold start and on colder mornings (below 50F). Once we are driving above 40 mph there is no such noise. Dealer cannot reproduce the effect and says nothing is loose, but it seems to be becoming more persistent. Any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts