Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who out there has had a problem with the Mass Air Filter Sensor? I have a RDX, 1 year old, under warranty, that just quit on me in the middle of traffic, no overheating, no Check Engine light, no rough run, etc. Called Acura Roadside Assistance, that was a joke, never talked to a person (just a computer) and it disconnected me after repeatedly asking "can we use your phone GPS to find your location), this while I am screaming YES. Towed to Dealer who replaced the Mass AFS and then said it was my fault for installing a K&N Filter which K&N, by the way, is now being tested by KN Filters in California. I installed the KN because I could not locate an Acura OEM, and as the original Acura air filter was so dirty I felt it would not allow any air flow, and in fact way to dirty for the mileage. I have had 2 previous Acura's, both great cars, but it seems to me the new Models are "not what they were".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear that. In all the yrs I've ran a K&N I only once had a particle (lint) get on the MAF and cause a CEL. I took it apart, found the piece and sprayed some MAF cleaner on it and all was well. Honestly the K&N won't ruin a MAF. That is unless it was WAY over oiled.

btw, if something like this ever happens to anyone... just unplug the MAF. It'll cause a CEL but the engine will run in default mode. Sometimes called limp home mode.

So... do you notice any improvement in power w/the K&N?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.