Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members: Have just purchased a 2016 RDX. Wife promptly picked up screw into sidewall. Was going to remove damaged tire, to take to tire shop. Found no spare or jack in car. Does have a nice plastic filler where the spare tire goes, also comes with an air compressor. Call me old fashion; but I like having a spare even a "Space Saver" if need be. Purchased car through my Credit Union, so did not have opportunity to talk with dealer that car was purchased from. Is this the new trend in autos. I guess one better sign up with Auto Club. Just curious.

cbert

· Registered
4 Posts
It is a new trend, although I don't believe it's an AWD vs FWD, some AWD's I looked at didn't have it either. The kit is available from a number of places online for around 100 bucks without the tire. It includes a rim, jack and tire iron. Then add your own tire either from tire rack or a local place for a total of around 250.

· Registered
25 Posts
I have the AWD so I got the spare, but noticed this trend when doing my shopping. In the past cars that didn't have spares ran on run-flats. now they give you a compressor and say good luck. I believe acura does provide road-side assistance in their package, or at least that's what the sticker said. lol

· Registered
2 Posts
Spare Tyre

Members: Have just purchased a 2016 RDX. Wife promptly picked up screw into sidewall. Was going to remove damaged tire, to take to tire shop. Found no spare or jack in car. Does have a nice plastic filler where the spare tire goes, also comes with an air compressor. Call me old fashion; but I like having a spare even a "Space Saver" if need be. Purchased car through my Credit Union, so did not have opportunity to talk with dealer that car was purchased from. Is this the new trend in autos. I guess one better sign up with Auto Club. Just curious.

cbert
How much is a spare tyre for ACURA RDX 2017

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.