Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! i'm new here.

about me: third TL(X) and we have a 2011 MDX. central texas. it's hot.

vehicle with ac issue: 2016 TLX i purchased as a used 'dealer car'. mileage is around 46K. i have it serviced regularly at the dealerhip i purchased it from.

issue: when the vehicle is in motion, the ac blows cold-ish. when the vehicle is idling ie:
  • at a stop light
  • in stop & go traffic
  • when i start it up
  • or (most annoying) while waiting on my kids at pick time...
it blows HOT air.

the service guy at the dealership i spoke with about this a couple of weeks ago told me the car has to be in motion to create cold air.

that's not right. what do i do?

thank you in advance!

·
Registered
143 Posts
If when in motion the AC works correctly, then check the AC condenser fan. When not in motion air still needs to be going thru the condenser to remove the hot air For cooling inside to work. Your car has two fans one for engine cooling and one that turns on when the compressor engages! The guy you spoke too is wrong.
Part in question #14 see below. The below parts break out is assuming you have the base 2.4 4 cylinder.
The V6 also has the same configuration.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The condenser fan should run when the compressor runs. When you hear the click of the compressor the fan should go on. The compressor cycles based on the temp of the cabin. It doesn't matter what AC setting you have it on.
Warm up the car, with AC on open the hood, look at the condenser fan, when you hear the compressor click on, you should hear and see the condenser fan kick on. The condenser fan is the RH passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts