Acura World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2017 MDX just made its big debut at the New York International Auto Show. Acura's ever-popular three-row luxury crossover gains a host of enhancements for the upcoming model year, the biggest of which is front and center.

The upcoming MDX features Acura's new "Diamond Pentagon Grille," a design element that was first unveiled in Detroit on the Precision Concept. Other design changes to the MDX include a more sculpted hood along with reworked fascias and fenders. 'Round back, there's body-color garnish and twin tailpipes.

More: 2017 Acura MDX Gains New Face, Tech and Power on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pros

Generous number of features for the money; all-wheel-drive system contributes to nimble handling; new Sport Hybrid model's high fuel economy; smooth and confident acceleration; cabin is comfortable and quiet; excellent crash-test scores.

Cons

Center touch screen isn't user friendly and graphics are subpar; cabin looks and feels less luxurious than rivals; modest cargo space compared to rivals; nine-speed transmission returns clunky drivability at times; adaptive cruise control can be slow to respond.

What's New for 2017

The big news for the 2017 Acura MDX is the debut of a new Sport Hybrid model. It produces more power and gets better fuel economy than the regular MDX. All MDXs get more features this year, including a new electronic parking brake and the addition of the AcuraWatch suite of active safety aids (previously optional on some MDXs) as standard equipment. Finally, Acura has updated the MDX's exterior styling with a new diamond-shape grille and restyled headlights being the most noticeable changes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Haha, yeah, the money is always the issue. I will gladly upgrade my lease for this one, looks like a beast, though my wife is already not happy from me spending so much money for cars :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.