Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

How's everyone, hopefully you all are having a good time.

Now, this is a recent issue that I came across. My father recently upgraded from his 2015 MDX to a 2017 MDX and we have never experienced this type of issue before. I have tried almost every phone setting the car can offer, as well as the phone.

The issue is as stated in the title, the phone book just gets erased and keeps only a few "A" contacts, as well as one "M" aka 'My Number'.

Here's a video of the issue happening LIVE. I was really not expecting it to just do that while I was recording because it usually happens after one speed dial number is created.
youtu.be/OOYIRL2J3jc (just copy paste it into your browser, forum does not allow me to paste links until I have 15+ posts)
This is just a small segment, I have more recorded but this is just one segment where the phonebook contacts just disappear.

I have enabled sync contacts in bluetooth settings on the phone.
Originally the phone language was Russian, we changed it to English to try again in case it was a langauge issue, however no fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update:
if anyone ever has this issue in the future, after hours of researching and googling this issue, I came across something that may be able to fix it.

If you are experiencing this issue, the temporary fix is to remove 'CONTACT PHOTOS' including your own. Some have said that this fixed the issue of phonebook removing the contacts from the car's list.

Until Apple fixes this issue with their phone ios update, this may be one of the only fixes that I found over hours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.