Acura World banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Disappointed

I have a 2017 MDX for just over 3 months. The Navigation system has failed about 8-10 times where the position of the vehicle is completely wrong until the system resets. This incorrect positioning can last 5-15 minutes. Brought the vehicle in for service. Dealer had the problem occur but doesn't know what causes it. Has happened twice since then. Has anyone had this same problem and, if yes, what was the fix?
Yes i have same problem. When i talked to Acura hq. they apologized. I stated that while waiting for a fix the least they could do was offer to customers a portable GPS that works. Still waiting on notification that they have a fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My turn

Having similar problems as described. Seems like the technology is outdated and the software is running on an old hardware platform.. just brought the car into the dealer. They have my car now. Let’s see what happens. Navigation system is dangerous and should fall under the lemon law program. So frustrating. FYI. District manager told us that there is a software update available for the nav system. 2/18

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 sports hybrid

Just had it in the shop and they loaded an update. Will test and let you know. Now a new problem. Acura has not updated the diagnostic software for the hybrid and now I get brake and air bag warnings. Dealer looking for fix. Unbelievable. This suv’s Technology is the worst I have ever seen. Acura corporate support has been terrible. Local dealer staff has been good. They are dependent on corporate and they don’t have any answers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Known problem

Been through this for 7 months. Acura tech line admits it is a known problem and currently no fix is available. How Acura can sell a product that has serious technical issues is beyond understanding. :frown2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any resolution?

I see the last post to this thread was last year. My 2017 MDX is still experiencing the same poor performance with its navigation system. Says I am driving in the middle of rivers, cemeteries and down railroad tracks.

Did anyone find a solution?

And, now the voice recognition for phone dialing has become practically useless. About a 1-out-of-10 accuracy rate. Anyone having that trouble, too?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my 2017 RDX. The GPS has the car in different locations than I am actually driving, there is a lag between the car's location and GPS locating me (when it does work), and says "showing not on digitized road" when I make a turn from one street to another before it locates me correctly again.
Just bought a 2018 RDX a couple of months ago and noticed this same issue (not on a digitised road) within two days of purchase. It sometime takes a long as 30 minutes to right itself. Quite annoying as it seems to happen when you most need it. Will be taking it back to the dealer but given what is said here not optimistic that the problem will be resolved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any Fix

Has anyone's Navigation system been fixed? I was told by the dealer that there was a software update that came out in April of 2018 that would fix the issue. I had my 2017 MDX updated twice (in June and in August). The Navigation still has me in the wrong location and I have not heard back from the dealer on the next steps, even though I contacted them twice. Has anyone had any luck with a software update?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2017 MDX for just over 3 months. The Navigation system has failed about 8-10 times where the position of the vehicle is completely wrong until the system resets. This incorrect positioning can last 5-15 minutes. Brought the vehicle in for service. Dealer had the problem occur but doesn't know what causes it. Has happened twice since then. Has anyone had this same problem and, if yes, what was the fix?
I am currently writing to John Ikeda, 1919 Torrance Blvd Torrance, Calif. 90501-2746 President of Acura. I have had the problem for 2 years, and they have tried all the fixes available. I am now asking for a settlement. The GPS cost is between $2,000 and $4,000. I love the car, my dealership is great, but their quality control and lack of willingness to stand behind their product is disturbing. I am not satisfied with the settlement and will probably return the car at the end of the lease and go to Audi for a replacement

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have this exact problem on our 2017 MDX Advance. Vehicle has been back 3 times for a total of 3.5 weeks. Dealer said they replaced antenna, entertainment system interface and hard drive with a new one direct from the manufacturer of the drives. Thought the problem was fixed but it occurred again last week. Took 10 minutes of driving along a major highway before it found itself.
I am currently writing to John Ikeda, 1919 Torrance Blvd Torrance, Calif. 90501-2746 President of Acura. I have had the problem for 2 years, and they have tried all the fixes available. I am now asking for a settlement. The GPS cost is between $2,000 and $4,000. I love the car, my dealership is great, but their quality control and lack of willingness to stand behind their product is disturbing. I am not satisfied with the settlement and will probably return the car at the end of the lease and go to Audi for a replacement

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 2017 MDX 4 months and having same nav problems.
The service manager is driving it around now.
I do not think there will be a resolution and I am pissed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Continued 17 MDX Navi issue

All of you indicating your MDX Navi getting lost ....... Anybody finally got it resolved, or are you still having issues?
I just came back from my Acura dealer for the 3rd time getting software updates and “resets” to fix my lost Navi issue ...... but to no avail.
I’ve opened a case with Acura Client Relation and was told to keep working with my dealer to fix the issue. Latest is they are going to install a new GPS receiver unit. I have virtually no confidence this will fix it, but have to give it a try before going farther with Acura. Any updates out there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of you indicating your MDX Navi getting lost ....... Anybody finally got it resolved, or are you still having issues?
I just came back from my Acura dealer for the 3rd time getting software updates and “resets” to fix my lost Navi issue ...... but to no avail.
I’ve opened a case with Acura Client Relation and was told to keep working with my dealer to fix the issue. Latest is they are going to install a new GPS receiver unit. I have virtually no confidence this will fix it, but have to give it a try before going farther with Acura. Any updates out there?
I wouldn’t let them replace the Nav unit unless they have exhausted everything else. I went through it all and had the nav updated then replaced and then updated again. It is a software error on their end nothing wrong with the cars. If I had known I wouldn’t have let them do it. I ended up with scratches on the dash and damaged clips for the center console. After a month long back and forth with Acura client relations Canada what we found is: If you turn off the satellite data connections in the nav and enter the diagnostic screen and recalibrate the current position, the nav keeps it. As soon as you reconnect the data services for routes and traffic, the calibration is somehow lost during the data provisioning process. The data services are provided by Sirius for Acura (at least in Canada). And I don’t have the Xm radio service, so I can’t speak to Sirius directly and have to go through Acura link for all tech support. I am in the process of of getting a refund for my Acura link premium and connect service because of this issue and also because the last update the dealer did killed my premium service (server routes) completely. My ultimate solution was to bite the bullet and get a Navtool 5 car play unit which was $$ and a pain to install. It was a pain because my mdx has a rear dvd unit which had to be removed to get access to the radio. Navtool’s example video doesn’t show this because it was using a base model for the demonstration. I am happy with car play and Waze on the info screen and not needing a phone mount etc. I hope this helps someone before they end up with all the scratches and frustrations I had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Acura GPS issues

My GPS hasn't worked in two months. I've only had the car since April. I brought the car in today for its first oil change and was advised "Acura is aware of the problem and is working on a fix". I can see from this Forum that this is a wide spread problem. How do you spell "C-L-A-S-S-A-C-T-I-O-N"? What's even more annoying is that my Acura dealer, who sends me emails every week or two, never mentioned the problem. I agree with other posters. It seems like Acura doesn't have a clue about how to fix this.
How can we get a class action lawsuit going? I am so tired of the GPS problems and I, too, have recently been told Acura is aware and won’t fix the problem. How can they get away with this?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts