Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the blue “C” with a thermometer dashboard light is trying to tell me? Lower left near the battery meter. It turns on when I first start the car, then shuts off shortly. I presume blue means not concerning. Can’t find anything in manual or web-searching. My theory is that it’s a “frozen roads” warning, but it came in today during 48 degrees weather?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think that is the low temperature for the coolant. I don't know if the battery packs use the engine coolant or a separate cooling system on cold mornings? I know the battery packs are not as efficient and can't discharge full range when too cold. I usually see the blue light on for a few minutes first thing on cold morning before turning off.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is just telling you the coolant is cold. I think itvwill flash on when coolant is below the cabin temp set point, telling you the heater will not blow warm air.

The hybrid battery pack does not have coolant circulating through it. It is much too hot for the batteries. The battery pack heats up just from discharge or charging.

·
Registered
119 Posts
After some double checking. You do have two separate cooling systems on Hybrid systems that use the same coolant type as the engine. There should be an inverter coolant reservoir next to the brake reservoir under the hood. This cooling system is used to keep the DC inverter unit located just in front of the battery pack within its normal operating temps if it gets too hot or too cold. I've noticed my MDX doesn't seem to use EV mode with blue light on (normal EV operation with blue light off). Haven't had many cold mornings and the blue light goes off in under a mile of driving for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.