Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2020 RDX A-Spec FWD.
She uses apply car play to listen to Spotify 100% of the time, her phone is always up to date. Randomly the infotainment crashes and reboots. It’s been in the shop 5+ times to have them look at it. The service lady always said “you’re the only one having this issue it’s really strange”. But the last time it was taken in 2 weeks ago there was a TSB (guess it wasn’t so uncommon) I guess to replace some wiring near the speaker (wife told me so accuracy is unknown). Everything was fine for 2 weeks then it crashed again.

Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can she switch over to bluetooth streaming to listen to Spotify to see if the system still crashes?

It is a completely different system; but, my 19 MDX did the same for around 3 months with my iPhone 6S+. It was laggy, freeze, touchscreen wouldn't respond, and reset the top and bottom info-tainment screens at random times. No issues with the info-tainment when I unplugged and switched to bluetooth streaming. Zero help from Acura dealerships on the issue.

Found my answer with Carplay and Apple forums with others having the same issues with the brand new iPhone IOS 13.0.0 The solution was to keep IOS 12.X.X and wait for Apple to fix. The problem didn't resolved itself until IOS version 13.4.3 months later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife has a 2020 RDX A-Spec FWD.
She uses apply car play to listen to Spotify 100% of the time, her phone is always up to date. Randomly the infotainment crashes and reboots. It’s been in the shop 5+ times to have them look at it. The service lady always said “you’re the only one having this issue it’s really strange”. But the last time it was taken in 2 weeks ago there was a TSB (guess it wasn’t so uncommon) I guess to replace some wiring near the speaker (wife told me so accuracy is unknown). Everything was fine for 2 weeks then it crashed again.

Is anyone else having this issue?
View attachment 35560
Have you gotten this resolved? I'm having repeated issues with popping and disconnects. Headed for my sixth visit since March (and that doesn't include prior replacement of the infotainment unit within a month of buying this CPO). Replaced fakra as described in the tsb, then adjusted wiring tension on both sides of the connector. After a couple of weeks I'm getting popping sounds again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.