Acura World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I know?

b/c my best friends were staying over last night due to the Movers coming to their new house today.....and live 10 minutes away. Since my driveway is big, I usually whip out of my garage. BOOM! :eek:

His Explorer was parked right outside my garage off to the side.

The bumper was more puckered than my lips. The Tail Lens shattered.

The 1/4 panel looks to be ever so slightly warped right around the lamp housing but only a pro could notice. There was slight damage to the crossmember corner but I dont think it would much matter once I slip a new cover on it. Hopefully the mounting sheetmetal isn't off more than a smidge. :(

That ups the count to 6 panels. :(

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Ouch! Pics!

I remember when some jerk in a minivan wasn't paying attention to my turn signal and plowed into the back of my '97 3.0 CL. I was SOOOO pissed. Only scratched the bumper. :dunno: $200 later, I had my bumper repaired - not replaced - and repainted.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that y'all care......

The sheetmetal surrounding the lamp housing is either ahead or behind the flush seam that is supposed to be. :( In addition, the body attachment points are FUBAR too.

Anyone wanna take a crack at how 5mph bumpers allowed 2,100 of structural damage? The car didn't even have a chance to get over that. I maybe backed down 10 feet without touching the gas. :(

I was the corner though. :dunno:

Oh, and now the count gets upped to 7 panels.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
clp said:
Not that y'all care......

The sheetmetal surrounding the lamp housing is either ahead or behind the flush seam that is supposed to be. :( In addition, the body attachment points are FUBAR too.

Anyone wanna take a crack at how 5mph bumpers allowed 2,100 of structural damage? The car didn't even have a chance to get over that. I maybe backed down 10 feet without touching the gas. :(

I was the corner though. :dunno:

Oh, and now the count gets upped to 7 panels.
Damn that's a lot of $$

1 - 4 of 4 Posts