Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
well the ride height and ground clearance will be the same... what it will look like is more like a police car... cuz your tires will be a lot wider than your rims...

I have P7000 225/55/16 on my car... I think it looks way better, and a nice bonus is that you will never scratch your rims.. you can curb it however you want it:D

but seriously, the handling and braking performance will be a lot better compared to stock tires. The steering will get a little heavier, which is good IMHO... provides more communication at the same time...

So I would go for it if you want to stick with stock rims... if you get 17 or 18 rims, then it's even better of course...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ok thanks!!! Maybe i'll get those P7000SS. i dunno.

Hey you're from Ontario right??

well, thanks again!:beerchug:

@[email protected] :cool:
yet I am from Ontario...

Well the P7000SS is good, and offers decent traction in snow (PROVIDED THAT they spray salt, and clean up the road some what!!!)

If you have an extra set of tires for winter, then you shouldn't have to worry about it.... and in that case you might as well get the summer only performance tire:D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
55.....? isn't that our stock tires are 50 already? i wouldn't go anything with higher profile than 50. if i don't get rims for me car i would change to 225/45/17

·
Registered
192 Posts
'neone got a pic of mr tl's car or any car with 225/55-16 ?

SL1200MK4: How much did you pay for your tires???

for my P7000 SS... I paid exactly $CA1000, and that's tax, installation and everything included...

My friends owns a shop in Toronto, now... So, I can get even cheaper prices on them... Too bad that you are far @ quebec... But expect to pay more then $1000, now due to inflation and stuff...

·
Registered
192 Posts
1000$!! damn you lucky. i can get the P7000SS for 278$ each! so it means ~CA$1100 W/out installation...:(

'neway...

well, thx!

and if anyone want to post pics of 225/55-16 tires NOT lowered. feel free to do it! :)

I think that's a fair deal still... cuz the price of tires had gone up and stuff... Too bad that you are not in the Toronto area, or else I can hook you up with my friend. He owns a shop and got very good prices...

But $1100 sounds a bit high without installation... that's included tax rite? if not then it's way too expensive...

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
I've got pics...

but my TL's lowered with H&R Sport Springs, 225/55/16 Good Year Eagle Ultra HP

·
Registered
192 Posts
Red Hot TL said:
I've got pics...

but my TL's lowered with H&R Sport Springs, 225/55/16 Good Year Eagle Ultra HP

Glad to see you here bro... how's your Z doing? that thing is just SO capable... even 600rwhp is possible for the twin turbo ones...

Do you still hang out at A-TL?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
wow look at the side wall, you are definitely not gonna scratch your rims at all! actually what's the dimension for the 99-01 stock tl rims?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.