Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry mods, but there is hardly any traffic in the CL forum.....

I just got back from changing my oil..... I don't do it at the dealer cuz it's cheaper on base...... Anyways, the guy asked if I wanted my 24K mile service done today cuz they were cheaper that the dealer.... I was like WTF, I'll just wait till 30K...... he said for this car ('01 cl-p) it is recommended to do maint. service every 12K, 24K, 48K, etc...... He even gave a print out that showed what the dealer the rcommends and what service needs to be done to miantain the warranty...... (too bad I don't have a scanner)...

Here's the thing, if I do it there, they're gonna charge me ~ $140 to do fuel filter, Inj cleaner service, and fuel injectors.... Doesn't sound right to me, is there more that needs to be done on these schedule maintenence like tranny fluid and stuff? What am i s'pose to expect get done if I get it done at the dealer and what is the average price you guys paid to get the 30K done......

Should I wait till 30K and do it the dealer or get it done on base? Help please.....

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
If they do a tranny flush I think it would be worth it...hopefully that would help our transmissions :-/

I know there is no traffic in the CL forums, but the TL forums get a lot of traffic. I'm going to copy this thread there...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
As per the Owner Link page - 2001 CL-P, Honda/Acura recommends the following at the 30K service:

Replace engine oil, filter and drain plug washer with Genuine Acura Parts.
Inspect and rotate tires.
Inspect wiper blades.
Check/adjust fluid levels.
Road test.
Replace air filter with Genuine Acura Parts.
Inspect belts, hoses, fuel lines and exhaust system.
Inspect front and rear brake assemblies.
Inspect steering system, suspension components, alignment and parking brake.

So u get basically 3 things: Oil/Filter, Tire Rotation & Air Filter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.