Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a member from the acura-legend.com forum, where we have already done one group buy for the short shifter. The part was originally a modified version of a stock shifter, which was tested by one of the forum members (Dv8) to make sure everything was good, after the necessary improvements were made, I had a machine shop here in town redraw the shifter with the changes. After that, 23 of them were made (pictures below). They were all sold to people on the legend forum or people that live around me. They are made from a solid rod of steel, which was turned on a CNC lathe, then the end piece is welded on to within 1/1000ths of a degree of perpendicular. After that, I have them powdercoated flat black (all except the threads and the ball) to make sure rust is not a problem (since part of the shifter IS outside and underneath the car). Now onto the other stuff.

The price of the shifter is $135 + $10 shipping charge (cost of shipping, insurance, boxes, tape, and packaging material). The last group buy prices were the same, but powdercoating was an optional $10 fee ($125 + $10), but since everyone chose to get that option, I figured it would be alright to include it. I only ship USPS priority mail, with delivery confirmation, and insurance. If you are out of the US, please tell me so we can work out an accurate cost for shipping.

Here are some pictures from the last group buy.
The stock shifter that I modified and was tested by Dv8 is on top, completed product is on bottom.

Here is a link to another picture

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. You can PM me, email me at [email protected], or send me an AIM at promodojo55.

Link to thread at acura-legend.com from the last group buy.

Thanks a bunch hafid for the help, and I hope this group buy goes well.

-Phil
--RangerJoe
:wavey:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
colotypeII said:
I'll be the first to say I'm in
Excellent, glad to hear. I have sent out a PM to the members at the legend board that have shown interest. So hopefully we can get them to check this thread out and post.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RangerJoe said:
Excellent, glad to hear. I have sent out a PM to the members at the legend board that have shown interest. So hopefully we can get them to check this thread out and post.
I`m interested but will depend when the group buy will close. Since I have to gather up some money.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think you all might want to check this thread out HERE

I am going to be starting the group buy, and those of you that have posted in this thread will have shifters reserved for you, as well as anyone that will be at the national meet, and is interested in having it installed there (by me). Let me know if you have any questions about what is going on, but check out the other thread for the full story.

Thanks to those who have posted your interest here, you all will have first picks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Please PM me the info, I love this forum...but its stupid as hell that when you go to Usercp it doesnt keep you updated on the thread you either started or posted in...but anyway, hold one for me, although I dont have a manual I will either get one or convert mine or someshit like that. thanks.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really need a few more people to start this. I am still trying to work out the funds to be able to start it by myself, but it is a big gamble for a 20 year old to take.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.