Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove a second cls 6sp. different dealer. same comments as before. Fast. handles well but still did not feel secure, in this car as well there is a resonance at idle, that you feel in the wheel, which many cars have to some degree or an other,but you feel it in the seat back as well, not good for 58 year old . I also drove 60-65 mph in 4th, when I up shift to 5th, at same speed I hit a pronounced resonance at ~ 2500 rpm,/Lastly the mirrors are just to high because the door ledge is high. it does block vision going around curves. We then drove tls . little vibration through the wheel, none felt through the seats,.mirrors could be a bit lower, but not a problem as in the CLS/ please take this as an honest evaluation from a person who has owed three Acuras 1988 legend sedan (hated it) 1988 l Coupe, loved it, but is was early production with some faults.It stalled. they fixed it. an 1990 l coupe , bought used. terrible color, great car after thrust washers added to transmission.All my Acuras where sticks. The cars are not legends any more in name or reputation, They are Hondas. Not bad for the money, reliable, but no real cache as the Legend had.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
So - are you going to get one??

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
am I getting one?

no . I'll keep what I have, even with the rattles and trips to the dealer. It stops better. rides better and is more secure, not as fast o-60 in 7 seconds vs 6.3? for cls 6sp. and it looks a lot better. the paint on my old acura was a multi coat mult bake process, the new Honda -acura is one bake two coats. everything gets cheepoed out.;)guess i'd better return to my handle on bimmer .org JYG y2k5285spCT/:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts