Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just out of curiousity which way does your engine face? is it transversely mounted like the 2nd Gen TL and CL? or is it straight? This is for those of you with the V6. thanks

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
Wampum said:
ARRhhh that's what I thought. So that means you guys can get headers, CAI, and exhaust for your cars huh?
Well according to Raia, headers are almost useless on the 3.0 since they cost way too much for the tiny HP gain. She has an AEM CAI which probably adds 5-7HP and makes her car sound like a video came over the phone at WOT. :laugh:

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
mdaniel said:

Well according to Raia, headers are almost useless on the 3.0 since they cost way too much for the tiny HP gain. She has an AEM CAI which probably adds 5-7HP and makes her car sound like a video came over the phone at WOT. :laugh:

little gain? I don't know where she got that info but we gain just as much as you do give or take 5hp. And the aem cai is a good choice and it just sounds as godly on our cars as it does on the 3.2's.

·
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How can it only be minimal gains compared to the 23-30 hp gain from the Comptech ones for the 2nd Gen TL? I don't get it. Our 1st Gen 3.2TL engine has to be able to produce more power. I have short ram intake and the gain feels minimal, I want to do something else to get more power. (other than NOS)

mdaniel said:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.