Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
It's a luxury sedan and also the base model which was made to vs a G35 sedan, which should be driven moderately. Not an insane sports car you can drive all out, not that you are limited, but you know how that works you get back what you give. This car is not made for racing it is rather a gran turismo vehicle until later modified to perform at 1/8 and 1/4 mile lengths. The next super important factor is transmission maintenance which needs to be done on time and accurate to how the vehicle was driven, in addition the type of oil which is being used inside the trans. There is a lot of DIY, and yes it is for the transmission; two sensors need to be changed every so often to maintain longevity with any major issues.

That should tell you about the transmission =) I speak from personal experience with multiple Honda transmission's on different series motors. Lastly, it is never too late to keep up with your car! **all assumptions being made to give you the best idea and/or follow the best path for the longest life of your vehicle!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im a tech for the local Honda dealership and I know how the accords and Odysseys in the previous gens were burning uP the trans, I changed the fluid with ginuine honda atf as soon as I got the vehicle. What sensors were you peaking about.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I believe pressure switches and one sensor need to be changed. I do not know, but it is a common thing on many Acura forums; 3g TL.

·
Old Parts Slinger
9,587 Posts
Im a tech for the local Honda dealership and I know how the accords and Odysseys in the previous gens were burning uP the trans, I changed the fluid with ginuine honda atf as soon as I got the vehicle. What sensors were you peaking about.
If I remember correctly, it should be the 3rd gear pressure switch. I'll try and pull the part number if I can, but it should be a normal stock item at the Honda dealer too. I think 05+ TL's ended up with better design internals and are less prone to failure.

Other then that, servicing would be about the same as an Accord V6 (uses the same Gates manufactures T-belt and water pump laid out in the same configuration; pretty much almost mechanically identical in terms of component layout).

I remember when I was a tech at the dealer. Did those transmissions all fucking day long. Hated working on Odysseys because those soccer moms would fucking bottom out the subframe and grind out the bolt heads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there, just got a 05 TL base model, manumatic. is it normal if i go to manual, 1st and 2nd gears just shift itself, just wondering. but 3rd to 5th i have to do it myself to shift it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts