Acura World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zimmerman Cross-drilled rotors in front/rear
I chose Zimmerman over the Brembo cross-drilled because I found out that Zimmerman rotors are actually 'drilled' in the cast piece at the factory, whereas the Brembo rotors are 'drilled' after their production. This reduces cracks in the drill holes and makes the unit more rigid.

Stainless Steet Braided Brakelines
Felt it was required for a good brake pedal feel and not having the lines expand after heavy braking.

Pagid Brakepads
Pretty much OEM. Was told that these were the way to go over the other racing pads since pads like EBC Greenstuff ruin your rotors by scrubbing off weird gooey stuff on them. Was told by Zygmunt Motors that they had to replace many rotors due to these greenpads.

ATE Hi-perf Brake Fluid (1 Liter)
Gotta have this! Wish I would've gotten Motul though, but this is fine for now.

By the way, I still have NOT received my lightweight flywheel and new clutch kit. :(

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those fockers didn't ship out the front pads, so I'm going w/ the EBC greenpads all around since we had those readily available last night when doing the front brakes.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
I have also heard that the EBCs KILL rotors. Be prepared. ;)

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
autoxCLS said:
I have also heard that the EBCs KILL rotors. Be prepared. ;)
Supposedly from the guys over at bimmer.org, the Zimmerman rotors are perfect for the EBC pads since they are very heavy duty rotors.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Driven,
i'm looking to upgrade my pads and rotors too...do Zimmermans and ECB's go well on the CL-S?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShockBoltThrower said:
Driven,
i'm looking to upgrade my pads and rotors too...do Zimmermans and ECB's go well on the CL-S?
If they go well on my car, I don't see how they wouldn't go well w/ yours. Are they available? I think they look hot! Plus I've been loving the enhanced braking which I can feel. I'll have my brakelines installed this week along w/ the new Motul or ATE fluid and that'll complete that setup.

Here is how they look on my car in case you were wondering:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts