Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
How about using Ion Yellow fog bulbs? Instead of trying to match the fogs and headlamp colors, make them different.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
yea tell me about it, i plan to replace my fogs also...
but check out this thread, i think theres a group buy going on.. and for a really good prices.

http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1606
hold on there a bit. we are trying to gather everything here and we are working to make the group buy more organized, and also provide some easier payment methods for all of you. once it's ready the group would be on. just make sure you check back often :)

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
does anybody know how much is the 6000k fog light??

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
dicky243 said:
I just installed my 6000k headlights and now my fogs look crappy. I think that the HID fogs are a MUST now. Where is the best place to get the HID fogs, and how much are they?

Thanks in advance!
:sqnteek: Why not put your OEM HID bulbs in your fog enclosures?? :bigok: Jesal, their the same size.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: Re: 6000k makes fogs look crappy

Outlook said:
:sqnteek: Why not put your OEM HID bulbs in your fog enclosures?? :bigok: Jesal, their the same size.
hey outlook, are you saying that the d2r and the 9006 have the same socket? so if i can get a set of balasts i can simply use the stock 4300k hid as my fogs?

and i guess the reason for not using the stock hid for fogs is it's soooo "orange" compared to 6k hid :)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 6000k makes fogs look crappy

rominl said:

hey outlook, are you saying that the d2r and the 9006 have the same socket? so if i can get a set of balasts i can simply use the stock 4300k hid as my fogs?

and i guess the reason for not using the stock hid for fogs is it's soooo "orange" compared to 6k hid :)
Yup, i've read that some have taken the 6000 bulbs and installed them in the low beams, then transplanted the OEM HID bulbs to the fog light housing using the 6000 ballast kit. U get the best of both worlds!!! :D

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 6000k makes fogs look crappy

Outlook said:

Yup, i've read that some have taken the 6000 bulbs and installed them in the low beams, then transplanted the OEM HID bulbs to the fog light housing using the 6000 ballast kit. U get the best of both worlds!!! :D
oh if that's the case that could save like 200 bucks on another set of hid for the fogs :) but then i got a question. with the stock hid and fogs we say the fogs are so yellow. now with 6000k hid low beam and 4300k fogs, wouldn't we say that the fogs are yellow again? :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 6000k makes fogs look crappy

rominl said:

oh if that's the case that could save like 200 bucks on another set of hid for the fogs :) but then i got a question. with the stock hid and fogs we say the fogs are so yellow. now with 6000k hid low beam and 4300k fogs, wouldn't we say that the fogs are yellow again? :beerchug:
Your fogs will look as good as your OEM low beams, as a matter of fact they ARE your OEM lows, which IMHO, don't look too bad to begin with. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.