Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me to a procedure to test the coil on a 91 Integra?

I have done a visual inspection and the spark looks orange instead of blue...

Battery been check and charged 3 times.

Spark plugs and wires are less than 6 mo.

I try starting fluid and nothing.

New distributor cap and nothing.

All fuses are good... unless there's another set I need to check beside the one on the driver side next to the break pedal.

Thanks in advance...

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
So you have a no-start condition I assume? What leads you to believe its a spark issue? You have spark. Have you checked to make sure you have fuel? When you turn the key to the on position you should hear a 2 second hum coming from under the back seat. It can be faint if you don't know what to listen for. Do you hear that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't check for the fuel pump. I try with Starting fluid and nothing...

But will try to look for the fuel pump see what I got...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it is very difficult to hear the fuel pump; I couldn't, however, after I disconnected the hose and I see --and smell-- gasoline...

So at this point I have spark and fuel, I don't know how the timing could just went off after working fine and trying to start it the following morning...

A friend just told me about the crankshaft sensor, but I don't see that is a part in this model, any ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, after following the procedure to test the coil posted in another site it happen that the coil was OK in the resistance test, however, when I checked for the output signal to the ICM I got a reading of .4 on both wires...

New coil.

Thanks for the help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts