Acura World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellaz!!!!

I'm probably going to be trading in my 91 Legend for a 98 RL,
just went to a dealer and checked one out. Damn nice if you ask me, a few more luxury features and a bigger engine........... Do you guys have any pics you can post? Oh and how is it on gas??

Thanks in advance.:dunno:

·
Registered
228 Posts
everyone has their own taste. i myself like the RL more than the legend but thats just me. i know a lot of people hate the RL and still love the legend. legends are still nice though, i ain't gunna lie! especially the coupe.. i just think 20s on a RL looks more DUB than on a legend but once again...thats just me :D

·
jinny=guy, avatar=girl
17,055 Posts
love the ledend

I think you should opt for a '99 over a '98 also. The newer styling is less likely to loose any luster over time. Also the ride is supposed to be better on the '99's. It may not seem noticable, but, Acura made a lot of little improvements to the RL that year... and you get side airbags (traction control comes in 2000, if you're interested in that).

The TL-S type is a kickbutt ride but, it might still be a little pricey compared to a 98 RL.

Personally, I really dig on the Legend! In particular, a '95 Legend Coupe TypeII 6-speed! you could probably find one of these somewhere (if the owners are willing to part with them) in the $10,000 range.

The only issue I would have about the Legend is that it's getting old and the few that are still around may have been driven a little more "enthusiastically".

The RL is great! I guess I might be considered an old man, so you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

addendum: I think if you've already got yer heart set on the 98 and you've got a good one picked out, then you're set! The '99 and newer models might look a little more "fresh"; but, there is more stuff for the older RL's in areas like aftermarket body adornments (but still not that much compared to the other honda products).

If you put the money you saved, by buying the 98, into some fiberglass fascias, you could have one kickin' ride... even though its "only" a '98. Motor wise you wouldn't be gettin that much more by getting newer, and the suspension "improvments" are moot if you mod yours with new springs (body kits look much better when the car's lowered a little bit-- say an inch.5 w Eibachs--I'm old, so slamming it to the ground doesn't appeal to me anymore). New wheels, and you really don't have anything less than the dudes toolin' around in their 2002's (except, maybe, payments! See, you can laugh at them--Ha Ha!) :)

Now, if the aftermarket world would start giving us RL owners some choices in the go-fast gear... we'd all be set! (com'on, even the new V6 Accord's got 240hp with less CC's and on regular unleaded! there's got to be a way to get a little more omph out of our 3.5 liters!) If anyone could direct me to some hi-qual headers and cat-backs for the RL, it would be much apreciated! (I'll probably start a new thread someday about my motor gripes... I'm a little dismayed that my old souped-up/boy-racer'ed '94 4cyl accord can blow my 2000RL's doors off... Oh well.).

·
jinny=guy, avatar=girl
17,055 Posts
Hattophile said:
I just sold my 2002 TLS for a 94 Legend LS Coupe... if that gives you any ideas.
although the LS Coupe is a very nice car, that doesn't seem like a fair trade... I hope you got 2 or 3 coupes, or some cash, after transaction;)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
jinny said:

although the LS Coupe is a very nice car, that doesn't seem like a fair trade... I hope you got 2 or 3 coupes, or some cash, after transaction;)
Lots of cash. ;)
And having the TLS definately was not worth that kind of
difference. Just my opinion though. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.