Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I have a 92 gsr and there was a wire going from the battery to a bolt under hood im assuming it was a ground wire for something but not sure what. It went from negative terminal to chassis. Anyway the other day i opened the hood and noticed that my intake filter was falling off, so i pushed it back on and shut the the hood. Then when i drove it, it seemed to be acting funny and the car beeped like it does when you turn the key on and it started to cut out. A couple minutes later i noticed smoke coming in the vents and the car guages were going crazy and the speedometer droped to below zero and doesnt move now. I turn car off instantly and open hood and the the the wire i mentioned from battery to chassis had completely burned from end to end and now the car dont run right and the speedometer is stuck below zero and the abs light and all instrument lights blink and dim especially when I press the brake. Also when i press the brake the temp. guage moves up even when the car isnt on. The car runs but not very well and cannot drive it at night becuase when I turn on the headlights it really acts up and wants to die and the headlights and cluster lights are so dim. It seems like it could be a dead battery but, would that wire shorting out like that be able to cause any damage to the battery or could it have just maybe tweaked the alternator or something. I checked the negative battery wire and redid the connection and also tightened the positive lead on the starter all connections are solid and everything seems to be fine. What could be causing this problem? Maybe shorted battery, or maybe fucked up the alternator or something. Im stuck and dont know where to begin to start fixing it cuz I cant diagnose the problem. It is a very clean 92 gsr with 150k is all and Im not about to let it go over something so stupid. so Any help or suggestions would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
92 gsr electrical problems

please someone help me. I have lost my baby and I dont know what to do with myself.... Please someone post something that helps me before I go postal on someones MOM.....:bash::bash::loser::thefinger

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Im stuck and dont know where to begin to start fixing it cuz I cant diagnose the problem.
I think you just answered your own question in the above statement.

More than likely, you crispefied the majority of your electrical system, somehow. This is going to take a professional to sort out. Meanwhile, you may experience some severe pain in your right hip pocket......

Oh, and my mom's 71 years old.....

Welcome to Acuraworld! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts