Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok I really new to this forum thing bit I want to put a aftermarket quick release steering wheel in my car but I want to keep my cruise control without having to put a rear wiper switch in like all of them I have seen.... ide rather use a couple of push buttons but I have no idea how I would wire it up.... if anyone can help please do I'm just trying to make my car less steal able because I live in the ghetto and there's a lot of cars getting stolen lately but I say ya cant take it if there's no steering wheel lol........ I just got the car at a killer deal and don't want to lose it I have lots of plans for it.......:paranoid:

·
AW Detailing Wanker
16,287 Posts
I'd recommend doing things like rerouting the hood latch cable, and a hidden fuel pump switch. An alarm CAN help but no guarentees. The unfortunate truth is that if they really want it a flatbed will render your steering wheel idea fruitless and they aren't cheap. Also, you'd be removing the drivers air bag which may not even be legal depending on your state/local laws. If you're that worried about it I would highly recommend getting comprehensive insurance on it and keeping receipts and photographic evidence for anything aftermarket that you've put in it and would like compensated for in case of a theft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts