Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a problem with my 94 ls 5 spd. I'll tell you what the problem is, then I'll tell you what has been replaced.
First, nothing has been replaced since the problem occured.
For the last couple of days (and only after work) my car will not start. it doesn't even try. I can hold the key over forever but it doesn't even make an attempt, almost as if there's no fuel/spark etc. After attempting to start it about 10 times, it will finally start, be VERY sputtery and idle extremely low, to the point that if I don't hold my foot on the gas (after it starts) it will die. after holding my foot to the floor, it seems as though it "catches" and idles around 1500 until it drops to normal when warmed up. After that the car drives fine, most of the time. Sometimes though it does feel as though it just has no power when accelerating, then again, something will kick in and it will get a surge of power and be fine. This issue happened about a month ago and I thought it was because I had just replaced the spark plug wires and maybe (since they're crap) one wasn't connecting right. I wiggled the wires, it started right up, and didn't happen again until yesterday. Yesterday I messed with wires, made sure everything had a secure connection, and nothing. So, I really need to fix this but don't have the money to go to a mechanic since I'm a single mom. Any info would be appreciated. My friend had me follow her to her friends work yesterday (not a mechanic) and he said it sounds like it could be an injector going bad. The engine was visibly shaking when I had the hood open. Also, today, after I finally got it started it felt as though it was dragging. I don't know how else to explain it but my car felt heavy when I was driving, if that makes any sense. This is random and has only happened twice in the last two days, though I've started the car about 7 times. Sorry for the book, I just want to make sure I give as much info as possible.
Okay so here's what I have replaced. All parts were new unless specified otherwise

Spark plug wires- last month
Spark Plugs - 3 months ago
ICM - 3 months ago
ECTS - 3 months ago (pulled from junkyard)
Fuel Pump - 3 months ago
Main Relay - 3 months ago
Fuel Filter- March
Rotor - March
Radiator - March

I also tested the coil pack with a multimeter 3 months ago and the voltage tested out correctly. I couldn't tell you exact numbers but it was per what I found searching these forums. The idle and timing were adjusted, as well as the valves, two months ago.

I really can't think of any other information right now, but if there's anything I left out, feel free to ask. Thank you in advance for any help!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Unbolt the fuse box in the cabin and check for water damage behind it. Not common, but it would cause untraceable intermittent issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.