Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out with a problem I started to have, well it got worse. Before I changed anything, the car started but would die right after I let go of the key. So I looked around forums and thought it was the ignition switch. Switched that out maybe not the right way but it all looks like it’s right. After that I put a new battery and still no start. So did I not plug the connectors correctly because I know that they are in the right place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? I’ll post pictures for anyone that has knowledge over this kind of stuff. Car is manual and was pushed to start the car, ran after we did that so we know the engine is in running condition. Please I don’t wanna buy an ignition locks assembly if I don’t have too. Any help is helpful.

·
White Diamond Pearl '02 Acura TL Type S w/Navi
77 Posts
I'm not a car tech but when I Googled "car starts when key is turned, but stops when key is released" there were a lot of direct hits to look at. Also, I've been watching a pretty good auto tech on YouTube whose channel is called "South Main Auto Repair." He's been diagnosing and repairing various models of cars for years and has quite a collection of videos. See if he has any videos with your issue in the title. He pretty much steps you through how he solves each one. He's so good that other shops in the area send "hard to solve" vehicles to him.

Good luck, and I hope you find a fix quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.