Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just recently got a 97 Acura CL from my mother, who's had it for years. When I got it, this was happening:
Windows wouldn't work, all gages didn't work, needed to put key in shifter (automatic) to take it out of park, blinkers wouldn't work.

I brought it to a mechanic who disconnected the speed sensor and everything aside from speedometer worked fine for the past 2 weeks. Today, I disconnected the factory radio to install a new one. After connecting the constant 12 and ignition wire, I reconnected the battery and everything was fine, radio turned on. I turned it off and started checking speaker wires for continuity to match them up. The next time I turned it on, there was no longer power to the constant 12 and the radio didn't work. After starting it, I realized the car was back to the same situation it was in before I got it fixed, windows, gages, shifter and blinkers. I checked all fuses and my 15A ECU fuse was blown. After replacing it, the car is still in the same situation. Before bringing it to mechanic the first time, I replaced the ignition thinking that may be the problem, but it wasn't
Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Far too many variables involved to be able to construct a potential failure scenario. If it were in my bay, the first thing I'd do is grab an electrical troubleshooting manual, and start tracing power throughout each circuit. There's really no shortcut here since you've got so many random issues at once.

One thing you could check, though, is the back of the fuse box for corrosion. That's the only common junction point that comes to mind.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts