Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It ran fine, then I drove a mile to the store, and then on my trip back I started to lose power, then it died at idle. I was losing power the next time i cranked it and would die at idle. I thought I might have got bad gas, I made it 40 ft and it died, and it wont start, the starter is trying, but I tried a bit, then jumped it, and I would get a putter in a low deep sound when i hit the gas as I tried to start it, but couldnt get it to crank back up. Does anyone have any idea's what it might be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey i had a similar problem, 95 gs-r, mine started losing power on the freeway then died when i got to around 40mph, just left the gas station filling it up too, had it towed home check for spark and compression all good, checked for fuel and bang, no gas...fuel pump retired on me, replace the fuel pump in my driveway, turned over the key and started right up, went around the block, and what happens, damn ticket for 75mph in a 45mph zone...all well she runs solid again..so check to make sure your getting fuel... your fuel pressure should be as followed:

With vacuum line (from fuel pressure regulator) OFF and pinched , pressure should be between 47-54 psi.

With vacuum line ON fuel pressure regulator, pressure should be between 38-46 psi.
hope this helps..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts